Asteria has a variety of unique items to discover and interact with.
Armor, clothing and accessories can be worn using the WEAR command.
Any item can be taken from your pack using the HOLD command, which includes weapons and shields.
Some items may require a special command such as READ, EAT or ACTIVATE.
Wearing armor can provide physical damage absorption and enhance some combat abilities.
There are three types of armor:
- Clothing provides no armor rating but can be helpful for spellcasting
- Light armor, such as leather or scale, provides some armor rating but more flexibility
- Heavy armor, such as plate mail, is less flexible but provides the most armor rating
Many abilities are affected by the type of armor you are currently wearing.
Shields must be held in the left hand to be used effectively.
Each player has two free hands and the following nine equipment slots:
- Body Armor
- Leg Armor
- Rings (2)
The weapons of Asteria have different attributes such as size, weight and whether they deal damage as bludgeoning, piercing or slashing. These factors determine the weapon's attack speed, hands required to use, damage per attack and how the weapon interacts with various abilities.
The following weapon types are available in Asteria:
One hand required:
- Unarmed or Martial Arts Weapons
- Projectiles (ranged)
Two hands required:
Other Items Edit
There are several other item types in Asteria such as:
- Rings, necklaces and cloaks you can WEAR for more stats and effects
- Light sources such as a torch you can HOLD or a lantern you can WEAR at your belt
- Trinkets you ACTIVATE and scrolls you can READ to cast a spell or cause an effect
- Foods you can EAT and potions you can DRINK for healing, buffs and other effects
- Alcoholic beverages to DRINK, become increasingly drunk and experience a variety of effects
- Quest items you discover and OFFER for rewards
- Books you can READ to learn more about the realms and other helpful information
- Tools such as shovels, pickaxes, ropes and others you can use to interact with the environment