There are seven schools of magic available to all mortals:
- Alteration Magic focuses on the manipulation of space, time and arcane energy.
- Enchantment Magic involves conjuration, imbuing and mysterious charms.
- Divinity Magic attempts to entreat the immortal and spiritual forces of the realms.
- Naturalism Magic harnesses the diverse powers of life, nature and the earth.
- Illusion Magic attempts to create an advantage by bending light and conjuring visions.
- Necromancy Magic involves communing with death, darkness, blood and shadows.
- Evocation Magic aims to wield and unleash the power of the elements.
Use CAST <Spell Name> to ready a spell, then TARGET <Target name> to complete the spell or TARGET alone if there is no target. The caster will usually be unbalanced for a moment before being able to TARGET and complete the spell, while some spells may take effect instantly upon using CAST.
Some spells have additional requirements for casting such as:
- Somatic - one empty hand must be available to perform a necessary magical gesture
- Verbal - requires incantation, so the caster cannot be silenced or have their mouth restrained
- Component - a magical item of some kind is required to aid in the casting of the spell