The University of Arcana is one of the four main guilds and is located in the northern part of the island city of Kalmyr. Founded by the original elves, the University is primarily known for the study and practice of the realm's most advanced forms of magic, including metamagic.
Although many mortals travel to the University simply to learn new spells, fully admitted students gain access to secret knowledge unique to their order and extending far beyond the common schools of magic. Students may also choose from the University's collection of trinkets and familiars, which provide a variety of unique powers and beneficial effects.
Composed of both spellcasters and fighters alike, the University provides its students and professors with the finest clothing, weapons and armor which elven craftsmanship can offer. The smiths of Kalmyr are often fond of gleaming, lighter metals, such as silver and platinum. The official colors of the city - cyan and purple - are usually included in the styling as well.
- Flying Eye - conjures a floating eye to explore locations without the caster having to enter them
- Animate Weapon - animates the target weapon to become a temporary pet which fights for the caster
- Mana Absorption - whenever you resist spell damage, you gain mana based on your guild rank
- Metamagic: Twincast - use TCAST to get an extra copy of the spell you cast, for increased mana cost
- Metamagic: Groupcast - use GCAST to have a beneficial spell affect your entire party
- Scribing - write scrolls which will temporarily allow you or another to cast a given spell
- Alchemy - brew powerful potions which provide a variety of effects
- Scholar's Satchel - you can carry extra books, scrolls and trinkets